Date:      Thu, 19 Nov 1998 18:06:44 -0500 (EST)
From:      mwlucas@exceptionet.com
To:        dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu (Doug White)
Cc:        mwlucas@exceptionet.com, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: serial port errors

> > Now I'm getting this error.  sio3 is plugged into my modem.
> > Nov 19 09:22:39 panic /kernel: sio3: 1 more silo overflow (total 1)
> > Anyone know what this means?
>
> It means that data is coming through faster than the system can deal with
> it.
>
> What FreeBSD version?

3.0-current, supped about a week ago.  Did the aout-to-elf conversion then.
Haven't seen anything about this error on -current, so I thought I'd ask
here first.

I replaced the serial port the day after the sup, and just noticed the
error this morning.

The modem is a 3com impact IQ.  It's supposed to do dual-channel ISDN, but
for some reason it doesn't under FreeBSD.

When I plug in the Win95 hard drive and boot on the same hardware, both
channels dial out.  I don't *think* it's the hardware, but I could quite
easily be wrong.

Thanks,
Michael

--