Date:      Tue, 25 Mar 1997 19:46:57 -0700 (MST)
From:      Doug Russell <drussell@saturn-tech.com>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   SIGTERMs killing X

On Tue, 25 Mar 1997, Terry Lambert wrote:

> I'm not sure whether SIGTERM should ever be sent, actually... I guess
> it can't hurt, considering it's default is to terminate the process.

All this talk of signals reminds me of a (totally) unrelated problem one
of my machines seems to be having lately.....  My main workstation, which
usually runs X all the time, has exited on a sig 6 from X a couple times
in the last few days for no apparent reason.

Mar 24 12:22:23 586quick166 /kernel: pid 218 (XF86_SVGA), uid 0: exited on signal 6
Mar 25 11:27:22 586quick166 /kernel: pid 7136 (XF86_SVGA), uid 0: exited on signal 6

I can't for the life of me determine why it would have got an ABORT
signal....  Where would that be coming from?  The machine is just sitting
there idle (AFAIK, anyway... :)) and when I get home from work, for
example, it's no longer running X.

Anyone else had any kind of similar problem, or any idea how I can figure
out where these are coming from??  It is rather annoying.  :)

Later......						<Doug>