Date:      Mon, 22 Nov 1999 11:28:30 +0900
From:      taguchi@tohoku.iij.ad.jp
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: TCL's plus patches

Hi, Tclers :)

I've send-pred patches as ports/15035.

Adittionaly, I have 2 ideas. How about following enhancements.

(1) Independence from ${PORTSDIR}/lang/tcl82 source tree.
Currentry, Tk82's make test depend on ${PORTSDIR}/lang/tcl82 source tree.
Because it requires TCLTEST_OBJS which included tcl source.

As a simple solution, we can make lib file such as libtcltest82.a which
contain TCLTEST_OBJS in tcl82 ports. and in the tk82 ports, tktest links
it rather than TCLTEST_OBJS.

Then we can run make test, if we have (not) tcl source tree.

(2) Include bug fix patches which provided http://www.scriptics.com/
resource/software/patches/.

Some of patches are does not included plus patch and Tcl standard distrib.
But one or two of such patches are good for FreeBSD ports.

Taguchi, Takeshi.