Date:      Sun, 20 Aug 1995 09:46:48 -0400
From:      rcs@io.org (Radiotron Computer Solutions)
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   SB16/Mitsumi CD-ROM Install Problems

Help!!!!!!  I've been trying unsuccessfully for a couple of weeks now to
install FreeBSD from the Walnut Creek CD-ROM 2-disk set I purchased at
Comdex '95 (Canada).  The documentation claims that the Mitsumi is one of
the supported CD-ROM drives, but every time I try the install, I get a "No
valid CD-ROM drive found" error.
        I have a feeling this is due to the fact that the CD-ROM drive runs
off of my SoundBlaster 16, and since the SB16 is not being initialized
during the installation, thus the drive is not being found.  When I boot up
under DOS and run the install program, it recognizes the drive, but as soon
as the system does a reboot and installs the FreeBSD boot sector to complete
the installation, it looses the CD-ROM drive.
        Is there any way around this problem, such as a driver I can load
from a boot disk to get the system to install from CD??????
        Any help you can offer on this problem, would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
      Jeff
Radiotron Computer Solutions            * Sales * Service * Consulting *

E-Mail: rcs@io.org                    Ask about our Adult Interactive CD's
   WWW: http://www.io.org/~rcs/             Dealer Inquires Welcome