Date:      Fri, 26 Feb 1999 11:33:16 +0000
From:      Karl Pielorz <kpielorz@tdx.co.uk>
To:        Adam Wiggins <adam@ixpres.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: etherexpress pro 100/b

Adam Wiggins wrote:

> fxp0 <Intel EtherExpress Pro 10/100B Ethernet> rev 4 int a irq ?? on pci0:6:0
>         int line register not set by bios
> fxp0: couldn't map interrupt

> Do I need to get the kernel sources and compile a driver?  I'd like to avoid
> this since the machine has a very small hard drive (I'm planning to use it as
> a router, the etherexpress is actually the second NIC in the machine) and I
> probably don't have the space for it.  Anyhow, if the driver isn't already in
> the kernel, why is it
> detecting the stuff it spits out at boot?

It looks like it found the card, but coulnd't get an/the IRQ for it... Try the
card in a different slot, make sure you don't have the BIOS in 'plug and play'
mode, and if you can try setting the IRQ's for the PCI slots in the bios...

The above is mostly a shot in the dark - maybe someone else can offer more
info?

-Kp