Date:      Mon, 10 Nov 1997 02:58:37 -0800
From:      shegonee@ix.netcom.com
To:        questions@freebsd.com
Subject:   virtual terminal doesn't recognize Alt-F2

I just installed FreeBSD 2.2.1 with no problems except that after I boot up
I can only access one virtual terminal. If I press Alt-F2 or Alt-F3, the
control character arn't "caught" by the OS and get passed to the shell
which just spits back a message saying command not found.
I don't have this problem with my other FreeBSD machine with the same
version of the OS. I don't think its a keyboard problem because I also
have Win95 on the same machine and Alt keys seem to work fine.
Any ideas what the problem could be?