Date:      Fri, 12 May 2000 00:02:33 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Bryan Liesner <bleez@bellatlantic.net>
To:        "Dan O'Connor" <dan@mostgraveconcern.com>
Cc:        Bryan Liesner <bleez@bellatlantic.net>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Burning audio CD's

On Thu, 11 May 2000, Dan O'Connor wrote:

>>I'm probably missing something here.  I can convert mp3's to wav files
>>and burn the tracks on a CD.  The resulting CD plays just fine on
>>computer CD Roms, but they just refuse to play on any and I mean any
>>home or portable CD players.  They all say 'No Disc' when I pop it in.
>>
>>Does anyone out there know how to successfully do this?
>
>Are you using CD-RW discs or CD-R?  Audio-CD players typically can't read
>CD-RW discs...

I first tried with a CD-RW, and suspected that might be the
problem.  CD-R's behave the same way.  I'm listening to the CD-R I
just burned on my computer as I write this.  The CD players I
have around the house (three of them) say No Disc.  Another
coaster.  At least I won't have any coffee rings on my desk!