Date:      Fri, 27 Nov 1998 21:51:10 -0600
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@HiWAAY.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   chat script for dialing pppd

Tonight I build a new 3.0 kernel and was playing with sound stuff. Have
rebooted a number of times. Wouldn't think that had anything to do with
this problem. But now my chat script for dialing pppd broke.

Now have it working well enough to dial out but for some reason it takes
19 seconds before the modem dials. Confirmed with ps that chat is rnning
during those 19 seconds and the problem is not in pppd. What is chat
waiting for?

ABORT 'BUSY'
ABORT 'NO CARRIER'
TIMEOUT 40