Date:      Sat, 27 Sep 1997 20:40:39 +0100
From:      Neil Clark <nbc@vulture.dmem.strath.ac.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Profiled Libraries?

My apologies if this is a silly question...

I wish to obtain code profile information from various programs I
have written. When compiling with "gcc -pg" I gcc chokes;

   ld: -lc_p: no match

I assume it is looking for the profiled version of the C library. I seem
to recall a year or so ago that doing a "make world" produced profiled
versions of all the system libraries, so I proceeded to do this,
upgrading to 2.2.2 at the same time. However, no profiled libraries
appeared this time, and as far as I know -DNO_PROFILE has not been
set.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance for your help.

--------
Neil Clark
Transparent Telepresence Group
http://telepresence.dmem.strath.ac.uk/nbc