Date:      Thu, 7 Nov 2002 15:46:25 -0500
From:      Mathew Kanner <mat@cnd.mcgill.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Mathew Kanner <mat@cnd.mcgill.ca>
Subject:   stupid sed question

Hello,
	I've been going nuts trying to figure out how to embed a
newline in sed, and the man page just doesn't mean anything to me.

What I would like is
	echo abc | sed -e's,b,\n'  to get

	Of course, the above doesn't work and I'm looking for an
alternative.  This is freebsd's sed so I don't need a general
solution.

	Thanks,
	--Mat

--
The Brain: We're going to a place where the sun never sets, the size
of your wallet matters, and actors and actresses slave all day!