Date:      Fri, 26 Nov 2004 17:33:55 +0200 (SAST)
From:      Mark Bojara <mark@aboutit.co.za>
To:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Page fault on Tyan K8S Pro (S2882) board

Hello All,

For the last 3 weeks I have been trying to get this motherboard to run with 5.3-STABLE. Basically what happens is if I run the box at 100% utilization the server is stable but as soon as I let it idle and do basic Apache webserver tests and other small apps an hour after that the server will crash. I have tried enabling debug support in my kernel to supply the mailing list with a debug of the error but it seems that when it page faults the entire machine locks up. Please let me know if you require any additional information.

Spec:
2 x AMD Opteron 242 CPU's
1 x 1GB Corsair PC2700 Memory Module
Bios Version 2.03E

Error:
cpu id =1; apic id=01
fault virtual address   = 0x18
fault code                   = supervisor read,page not present
Instruction pointer      = 0x8:0xffffffffa25bc800
frame pointer             = 0x10:0x0
code segment           = base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
                                  = DPL 0, pres 1, long 1, olef32 0, gran 1
trap number               = 12
panic: page fault
cpuid = 1
boot() called on cpu#1
uptime 10h3m45s

I have also tried disabling ACPI to see if thats the problem but the server still crashes

Thanks Alot
Mark Bojara
AboutIT Online - 012-460-1000