Date:      Sat, 22 Mar 2003 23:45:12 -0800
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        fs@FreeBSD.org, iedowse@FreeBSD.org, peter@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   NFS panic on 4.8-pre

--YiEDa0DAkWCtVeE4

I just got the following on a package build system I set up earlier
today.  It's running FreeBSD 4.8-PRERELEASE #2: Thu Feb 27 19:18:58
GMT 2003, and was doing a lot of loopback NFS traffic (5-6 instances
of 3 nfs mounted filesystems).  Unfortunately I don't yet have a
kernel.debug to get a proper traceback :(

Kris

IdlePTD at phsyical address 0x002f3000
initial pcb at physical address 0x00277500
panicstr: page fault
panic messages:
---
fault virtual address   = 0x0
fault code              = supervisor write, page not present
instruction pointer     = 0x8:0xc02212e7
stack pointer           = 0x10:0xfd1ddca4
frame pointer           = 0x10:0xfd1ddcd0
code segment            = base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
                        = DPL 0, pres 1, def32 1, gran 1
processor eflags        = interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL = 0
current process         = 703 (find)
interrupt mask          = none
trap number             = 12
panic: page fault

#0  0xc015b926 in dumpsys ()
#1  0xc015b6f7 in boot ()
#2  0xc015bb35 in panic ()
#3  0xc02227ff in trap_fatal ()
#4  0xc02224ad in trap_pfault ()
#5  0xc0222053 in trap ()
#6  0xc02212e7 in generic_bzero ()
#7  0xc01d74df in nfs_lookup ()
#8  0xc0187bf1 in lookup ()
#9  0xc01876ec in namei ()
#10 0xc018d3f1 in lstat ()
#11 0xc0222ab5 in syscall2 ()
#12 0xc0215b25 in Xint0x80_syscall ()
#13 0x480a0a01 in ?? ()
#14 0x480a02a2 in ?? ()
#15 0x804971a in ?? ()
#16 0x804b9a0 in ?? ()
#17 0x80493ce in ?? ()
(kgdb)

I couldn't find a kernel.debug though :-(  Can you build one?

Kris

----- End forwarded message -----

--YiEDa0DAkWCtVeE4

--YiEDa0DAkWCtVeE4--