Date:      Fri, 1 Sep 1995 16:47:27 -0500
From:      Mark Tinguely <tinguely@plains.nodak.edu>
To:        current@freefall.FreeBSD.org, jkh@time.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: getgrent() and spaces..

>  My question is, before I perhaps dive and try to fix it, is if it's a
>  feature or a bug?  Whitespace sensitivity is generally not a good
>  thing in configuration files, but there are limits to what one should
>  go through in order to deal with it, yes?

it is a bad thing, but spaces are legal in an account name. If you
remove the space sensitivity from a configuration file that holds
account names, then you have to remove the spaces from legal account
names, or (figuratively) next week someone will stumble across this and
file a bug report.

--mark.