Date:      Sun, 22 Dec 1996 22:10:16 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        "Francisco Reyes" <francisco@natserv.com>
Cc:        "FreeBSd Chat list" <chat@freebsd.org>

> Do any of the existing databases for FreeBSD may be good for this?
> Postgres or
> Msql? If none of them do what you need I could work on something. I
> would need some help though. Basically I could work on the file

I haven't looked in detail, but I suspect the conclusion will be
"postgres is too heavy" and "msql is too light."  I think a
hand-rolled solution will probably be necessary, and no doubt more
efficient in terms of disk usage, since you won't be trying to solve
the general problems of arbitrary data storage - you can optimize for
the ascii-text case.

					Jordan