Date:      Fri, 12 Sep 2003 15:18:53 +0300 (EEST)
From:      =?Cp1251?B?yujw6OvrIMzo8O3l7eru?= <mirya@ukrpost.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Resizing FreeBSD partitions/filesystems

  I have HD splited as folows:
   [FAT32] [--free-400M--] [FreeBSD]
  On other hand, FreeBSD partition contains next
  [SWAP] [/tmp] [/var] [/]     (/ contains /usr)
  I need to add those 400M to / filesystem.
  The best way, I think, is to move FreeBSD partition to the blank 400M blo=
ck start, then enlarge FreeBSD partition to tose 400M now laying after it, =
then enlarge / with growfs as it's the last filesystem.
  The poblem is that I don't know HOW to do it. First, I can't move FreeBSD=
 partition or add free space to it: DOS Powerquest Magic can't do this, I h=
ave no other tools. Second, I've never used growfs and need short descripti=
on of it (mans're too overloaded).
  Please, send solutions!
  Remember, I've nor free space neither fast enough FTP to backup there.

--
=D3=EA=F0=EF=EE=F1=F2 - =EF=F0=EE=E4=E2=E8=ED=F3=F2=E0=FF =EF=EE=F7=F2=E0. =
http://www.ukrpost.net/