Date:      Tue, 24 Feb 2004 18:18:27 +0900
From:      Hye-Shik Chang <perky@i18n.org>
To:        Jeremy Messenger <mezz7@cox.net>
Cc:        python@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Need the help on debug the Python VS libpthread..

On Fri, Feb 20, 2004 at 01:36:03AM +0000, Jeremy Messenger wrote:
> Hello,
>
> net/straw will fail install if it's on libpthread, but it doesn't fail on
> libc_r.. I have no idea where the problem is yet, but would be nice if
> anyone with the skill debugger can help. The problem is in this log
> http://bento.freebsd.org/errorlogs/i386-5-latest/straw-0.22.log ..
>
> =============================
> [...]
> byte-compiling /usr/X11R6/share/gnome/straw/URLFetch.py to URLFetch.pyc
> byte-compiling /usr/X11R6/share/gnome/straw/utils.py to utils.pyc
> writing byte-compilation script '/tmp/tmpXHlc42.py'
> /usr/local/bin/python -O /tmp/tmpXHlc42.py
> error: Interrupted system call
> *** Error code 1
> =============================

A workaround is got into python port 2.3.3_2. Please test it whether
it works. :)

> I am not sure if it's Python problem, it might be one of net/straw's
> dependencies.

I am not sure if it's Python problem or our libpthread problem. I
failed to reproduce the situation with compact C code. (waitpid(2)
returned -1 with errno=EINTR on a child's normal termination.)
If you get a reasonable explanation that saying it's Python's
problem, please tell me.

Hye-Shik