Date:      Wed, 6 Aug 1997 08:10:56 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Fieber <jfieber@indiana.edu>
To:        bovynf@awe.be
Cc:        freebsd-ports@hub.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ports/4232: Boot-time start of postgressql postmaster doen't work

On Wed, 6 Aug 1997 bovynf@awe.be wrote:

> >Number:         4232
> >Synopsis:       Boot-time start of postgressql postmaster doen't work

I also discovered that the startup script does not correctly
handle arguments to the postmaster.  Specifically, when I added a
-D option to put the data files in a non-stardard location, the
option was ignored.  I've replaced the startup with this:

[ -d /usr/local/pgsql/lib ] && /sbin/ldconfig -m /usr/local/pgsql/lib
if [ -x /usr/local/pgsql/bin/postmaster ];
then
        echo -n ' pgsql'
        echo '/usr/local/pgsql/bin/postmaster -S \
		-D/home/pgsql/data -o -F' | su pgsql
fi

which is working fine.   I'm running 2.2.2 Release.

-john