Date:      Mon, 03 Mar 1997 19:42:46 -0800
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   [FUN/WORK] BSD Networking virtual meeting.

I'd like to set up a 'virtual meeting' with the intent of
1/ trying to see if we can make something useful out of the
Mbone.
2/ Try get a good forum together to discuss some problems that
I'm seeing, and changes that people are contemplating with
the networking code.

I know that garret has some things he'd like to see changed
(per host cache) (whatever that is)
and I'm struggling with making routes and ifaddrs go away at
the right time.

It'd be nice to see if we can figure out to get
a meeting together to discuss these things
and help us all co-ordinate this,
as well as trying to see if we can get as many people
involved as a learning experience as possible.

I'd like ot have an mbone section with a 'chat room'
along side so that people with no access to
mbone can also learn something..

"BSD university" :)

is there anyone else who'd be intersted?
I'm not only looking for people to watch but I'd like to have
maybe Bill Fenner and Garret on hand too to discuss
the pro's and cons of some of the things that I think
might come up. It might even be possible to get some of the
EX CSRG folks in if it sounds like it might be useful.

Certainly this idea comes from my own frustration
in not being able to get my mind around the damn
routing code.. there's always some !@#$ gotcha that makes anything
I want to do non-trivial.

Certainly if we can once work out the technology for this we should
be able to use it to great effect!

julian