Date:      Fri, 4 Apr 2003 16:34:13 -0800
From:      "William Ashworth" <willybaby12345@yahoo.com>
To:        "Henk" <henkonk@xs4all.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: adding realtec 8139NIC

It's already supported...just use the /stans/sysinstall command and
re-configure the NIC.  I am using Realtek as well.  Also, to avoid slow
speeds, make sure that you're using the media type as:

"Ethernet 10baseT/UTP"

the line for the interface configuration in /etc/rc.conf should be something
like:

ifconfig_rl0="inet 296.124.47.8 netmask 255.255.255.0 media 10BaseT/UTP"

Thanks,
William Ashworth