Date:      Mon, 17 Mar 1997 23:40:01 -0100
From:      Are Bryne <are.bryne@communique.no>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Hardware questions (MB, SCSI CD-ROM, Memory)

Hi,

All questions related to FreeBSD installation:

1) I wonder whether any of you've tried out either the
* SOYO SY-5TX5 MB (based on Intel's 430HX chipset & having 512 kb cache) or the
* SOYO SY-6FA (Intel 440FX)

2) As I'm looking for a sound server solution, should I be careful with MB's
'not made by Intel' - are there potential problems in using the Asian ones
(how about ASUS?)

3) I take it ECC (EDO w/parity using ECC) memory is a bliss for the soul,
just in (that one non-probable) case. But performance-wise?

4) Any non-negligible differences between Panasonic and NEC 8x SCSI CD-ROM
drives?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Are Bryne