Date:      Wed, 22 Mar 95 09:37:14 GMT
From:      dave@odyssey.ucc.ie (David B. O'Byrne)
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   REQUEST: is there a udp equivalent to 'socks' for FreeBSD 1.x ?

Hello, I have a lab of mac's that use a FreeBSD 1.1.5.1 box as their
tcp router (and it works great !). The FreeBSD box has internet access and
acts as a proxy for ftp clients via the socks library.

However socks only works with TCP.

I read the code and they mention udp-relay for the equivalent functionality
for udp packets.

I downloaded and tried building this but am blocked as it needs 'poll.h'
whatever that is !

has anyone ported it/ know if its impossible/have an alternative ?

thanks
Dave