Date:      15 Oct 1998 22:41:45 -400
From:      Rajappa Iyer <rajappa@mindspring.com>
To:        "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@narnia.plutotech.com>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Frequent failures with ncr0

"Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@narnia.plutotech.com> writes:

> > Here's the message I get:
> >
> > Oct 15 14:33:52 kamikaze /kernel: ncr0:0: ERROR (0:4) (8-0-0) (f/1b) @ (script 73c:190000de).
>
> If I'm decifering this correctly, it seems that the SCSI bus is hung
> with REQ active.  Could be a cabling or termination problem brought out
> by the higher transactional loads that CAM can produce.

You may be right since the problem seems to occur only when I'm doing
heavy i/o on the disk.  However, it's unlikely to be a cabling problem
as I did try two other cables, but to no avail.  FWIW, I'm using a SCA
device with an adapter that is supposed to provide active
termination... I'm not sure how to verify if this is a termination
problem.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Rajappa
--
<rajappa@mindspring.com> a.k.a. Rajappa Iyer.	New York, New York.
	We're too busy mopping the floor to turn off the faucet.