Date:      Wed, 1 Nov 1995 00:04:54 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chris Vance <cvance@cfar.umd.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Christopher Vance <cvance@cfar.umd.edu>
Subject:   Making CDs on a Pinnacle Pro

I would like to burn my own CDs (using a Pinnacle RCD-1000), but am
not quite clear on the process.

bI understand the process as far as using mkisofs to create an image,
and using vnconfig to verify that the filesystem is the way I want it,
but how do I actually go about writing the image to a CDR?  I haven't
borrowed the burner yet, so I don't even know how it gets recognized
at bootup.  Does the kernel recognize it as a specific device?  I
don't see entries for it in the kernel config or in MAKEDEV...  Does
this mean it will show up as /dev/uk0?

Has someone done this before, and if so, could they please explain the
process?

btw, as far as I could tell, the mkisofs options needed are:
> mkisofs -o cd_image -R -V Test -N -d -A Test -P cvance@cfar.umd.edu -p
cvance@cfar.umd.edu -T test_dir

Did I forget something, or include too many extra options?  I didn't
understand why the software wouldn't allow me to omit the -N and -d
options?  (I got assertion failed errors)

thanks,
chris.