Date:      Sun, 09 Apr 1995 12:12:52 -0700
From:      Paul Traina <pst@shockwave.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   What support do we have for BIG IDE drives?

I need to build up a tiny cheap box with the largest IDE drive or drives that
I can find (unless I can find a SCSI controller that is dirt cheap).  The
idea here is that this box doesn't need to be fast in the slightest, but
I want as much disk capacity as I can throw on it.

Unfortunately, I'm a wd moron, since I hate non-SCSI equipment.

I know we don't support the enhanced functionality modes in EIDE, but I'm
completely obtuse about the differences between IDE and EIDE.

Does this mean that we do/do not support drives that have more than 1023
cylinders?

If someone has a quick answer, I'd like to here from you, as I've got two
days to get this damn thing built so we can install it in the remote location.

Paul