Date:      Tue, 30 Mar 1999 21:00:25 -0600
From:      Stephen Montgomery-Smith <stephen@math.missouri.edu>
To:        Satoshi - the Wraith - Asami <asami@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: not able to make ports

Satoshi - the Wraith - Asami wrote:

>  * From: Stephen Montgomery-Smith <stephen@math.missouri.edu>
>
>  * Today, whenever I tried to make a port, I got the message:
>  :
>  * But shouldn't this have been done automatically by some process?
>
> Sorry.  It was my mistake.  I forgot to add the "afterinstal" target
> to src/share/mk/Makefile until about 1 day after the bsd.port.mk
> change.  So if you cvsupped during that time, you got this.
>
> It's fixed now, so it won't happen again.
>
> -N

Hey, no problem, it is all part of the OSS experience.  Actually, it
is better than the commercial experience.  If FreeBSD had been a
commercial product, no doubt it would have taken months or years to
have this fixed, if at all.  And, being open source, I was able to
fix it myself, even if my solution was a kludge.  Anyway, being part
of the fantastic OS that FreeBSD is, in response to my bug report, it
got fixed in one day, and I got a polite response from the writer
of the software as well.

Thanks for everything,

Stephen

--