Date:      Thu, 09 Dec 1999 11:17:08 -0600
From:      "Jonathan E. Lyons" <parrothd@midwest.net>
To:        jkendall@Celestica.com, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Rel 3.3 on ThinkPad 600E

This may sound a little strange but subtract 1024 and recompile with;
options 	MAXMEM=162816

I had the same problem with my 600E and 128 megs or ram...

At 10:46 AM 12/9/99 -0500, jkendall@Celestica.com wrote:

>Hi all.
>
>I have a problem with FreeBSD 3.3 running on my ThinkPad 600E (160Meg,
6.4Giga,
>etc)
>
>While running with 32Meg, I configured the kernel with
>
>options        MAXMEM=163840
>
>Now it boots with 160Meg but almost randomly freezes.
>
>Just before it freezes, sometimes it will sound 5 short beeps. Sometimes it
>won't.
>
>Any thoughts ???
>

>-
>Jerry

Jonathan E. Lyons
parrothd@midwest.net			Nucleus Consulting
ICQ # 14226912			www.nucleusconsulting.com
Cell # 773-251-1967			A+, MCSE, CCNA, FreeBSD!