Date:      Wed, 15 May 1996 11:22:31 +0930 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        tri@iki.fi
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: svgalib for current?  (and doscmd)

Timo J Rinne stands accused of saying:

> I wonder if someone has looked into the possibility to port svgalib
> (Linux) for FreeBSD.  It seems to have some kernel support in Linux,
> but I can't really understand what is it needed for.

There was a discussion about this a while back, with the ultimate
conclusion that SVGAlib was basically bogus.  Soren has something
more-or-less equivalent on the back burner if you want to talk to him
about it (sos@freebsd.org)

> BTW, The doscmd project kind of died or what?  Too bad.  In NetBSD it
> is running quite well.

I KEEP ASKING FOR VOLUNTEERS FOR THIS, but nobody has picked it up.  8(
The NetBSD people have CMH, who doesn't appear to have to work for a
living, working on it.

We need someone with a -current system and a little free time to work
with Sean to track the kernel/userland interaction problems.  That's all.