Date:      Wed, 27 Feb 2002 14:56:57 -0500
From:      Michael Lucas <mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org>
To:        Mike Dewhirst <Dewhirst.M@UCLES.org.uk>
Cc:        "'questions@freebsd.org'" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: port/ftp question

CVSup is not that difficult to fire up.

Install /usr/ports/net/cvsup.

Ping several CVSup mirrors in your home country, so you know which one
is closest.  There's a list in the Handbook.

Once cvsup is installed, you can upgrade your ports collection by doing:

cvsup -h cvsupX.countrycode.freebsd.org /usr/share/examples/cvsup/ports-supfile

This will upgrade your whole ports tree to the latest available version.

==ml

--
Michael Lucas		mwlucas@FreeBSD.org, mwlucas@BlackHelicopters.org
my FreeBSD column: http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/q/Big_Scary_Daemons