Date:      Sun, 13 May 2001 13:59:24 -0700
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        Eric M Logan <ericmlogan@mediaone.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: make world?

--0F1p//8PRICkK4MW

On Sun, May 13, 2001 at 10:55:49AM -0700, Eric M Logan wrote:
> I recently installed a bare bones installation of FreeBSD that came out
> to under 200MB.  After a "make world" the system went over 500MB?!  How
> can I cvsup my sources and "make world" w/o adding/updating additional
> stuff other than the original barebones installation?  I've already
> tried uncommenting the options in /etc/make.conf such as no_cvs, etc but
> with no success.  Any ideas or help would be appreciated, thanks.

I don't think it's stuff which is installed by make world which is
taking up the extra 300MB of space: I don't think it's possible to use
sysinstall to install something which is much less than what make
world gives you when you chop out all the major things like crypto,
docs, etc.  You'll have to look for what is actually taking up the
space (du -k, etc) before we can help you more.

Kris

--0F1p//8PRICkK4MW

--0F1p//8PRICkK4MW--