Date:      Thu, 17 Aug 2000 17:04:53 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Cy Schubert - ITSD Open Systems Group <Cy.Schubert@uumail.gov.bc.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Group-writable executable in OpenLDAP (fwd)

On Thu, 17 Aug 2000, Cy Schubert - ITSD Open Systems Group wrote:

> Still catching up on email after 4 weeks of vacation and noticed this
> BUGTRAQ gem in my inbox.  Our OpenLDAP port needs to be fixed to
> address this.

It's already fixed, but this is only of minor importance on FreeBSD since
it's owned by group wheel, and on most installations the people who are in
that group know the root password anyway.

There are a number of other ports which install files writable by the
wheel group - I've been going through and fixing them for the past few
days.

Kris