Date:      Thu, 14 Jan 1999 20:25:55 -0500 (EST)
From:      Thomas Valentino Crimi <tcrimi+@andrew.cmu.edu>
To:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   gdb 4.17 for the alpha

  Well, the Doug's patches that I have mentioned have been incorporated
into a port, but to it posted into the ports tree will take a little
longer (gotta fix the i386 patches to work on the new version).  I'm
probably not going to be able to put as much time as necessary for a
release within the next few days and figure there is no reason to keep
what there is hidden, so, for anyone who wants  gdb (no kernel debugging
facility as of yet, but I think that may not be too far off) here is the
url;

ftp://aspis.res.cmu.edu/pub/gdb-ports.tgz

(wow, adn I just realize this follows the posting of John Polstra's very
COOL CVSUP release, I feel _very_ overshadowed ;)  Very cool
.