Date:      Sun, 21 Nov 1999 21:46:27 -0800 (PST)
From:      William Woods <wwoods@cybcon.com>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Bryan Bursey <bbursey@mechv.me.tuns.ca>, Ruben van Staveren <ruben@luna.net>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: StarOffice 5 on a SMP system..... or Applixware...

Probably shouldent have phrased it like that...sorry. I downloaded StarOffice
at www.sun.com. I guess what I would like to ask is this then,

1) How well does ApplixWare handle MS Office97 files?
2) Do you know of any plans for Applixware to support Office 2000 formats?
3) How well does Applix share files with StarOffice (I aleady have a few in
   StarOffice format, although I suppose I could change them to .txt
   format and use them that way)
4) And this is the biggie.....Does the Applix lisence allow for multiple copies
   of the software (For example on a laptop and Desktop) with one purchase or
   would I have to purchase two copies...

Regarding question #2, sibce The Applixware we have is a port from the Linux
one, does this mean we will have to wait untill Applix gets Office 2000 support
1st or will we be able to work on the source ourself?

E-Mail: William Woods <wwoods@cybcon.com>