Date:      Thu, 9 Nov 2023 09:09:00 +0100
From:      Robert Clausecker <fuz@fuz.su>
To:        Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@leidinger.net>
Cc:        freebsd-arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Any particular reason we don't have sshd oomprotected by default?

Hi Alexander,

I encountered the same issue a while ago, leaving my system in a
vegetative state.  I would propose to add syslogd and cron to the
list.  Syslogd because when it dies and you don't notice, you may go for
a long time without syslogs, cron because a dead cron means no
housekeeping tasks happen, including some which the administrator may
have intended to fix an issue causing an OOM condition (e.g.
periodically restarting services with known memory leaks or cleaning
tmpfs-based file systems).

Yours,
Robert Clausecker

--
()  ascii ribbon campaign - for an 8-bit clean world
/\  - against html email  - against proprietary attachments