Date:      Thu, 20 Dec 2001 19:22:43 +0000
From:      Kevin Golding <kevin@caomhin.demon.co.uk>
To:        Steve Wingate <steve@velosystems.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: trouble building ports

In message <20011216103357.4bf8044d.steve@velosystems.net>, Steve
Wingate <steve@velosystems.net> writes
>Did you build a new kernel also?

Yep, nothing fancy either.  I tend to follow the handbooks advice and
build GENERIC (although I do tend to select a CPU and a few of the other
easy calls), to prove everything works.  If things work well for a few
days I then think about a more specific kernel.

After a little more playing it seems the troublesome ports are MySQL and
PHP, certainly of the things I've tried.  I've actually been able to
compile PHP from tarball without any errors, although it seemed to upset
Apache a little, I kept getting told mod_define was mangled.

Kevin

kevin@caomhin.demon.co.uk