Date:      Sat, 05 Sep 1998 19:15:42 -0400
From:      "Francisco Reyes" <reyesf@newsguy.com>
To:        "fbsd" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, "Jeff Rogers" <jlr@soltec.net>
Subject:   Re: New 2.2.7 Installation problems

On Sat, 05 Sep 1998 13:17:10 -0500, Jeff Rogers wrote:

>I installed release 2.2.7 today.  While installing x11 software, I got the following two
>messages:
>qt1.31 is a necessary file and wasn't found

Are you sure you were not installing other ports/packages too? "qt"
is an X library, but it can not work without X. In other words qt
needs X and not the other way around.

>playmidi 2.3 necessary but not found

Don't know what this is.

>I went back to do a post-install config. but could find neither file on the CD from
>Walnut Creek.

QT is on the packages/ports. Options: 'C'onfigure, 'P'ackages. If you
go through the system installation you will not find QT. Also 2.2.7
has some packages on the 1st CD and the rest on the 4th CD.

># /cdrom//book/scripts/install-desktop (p. 237)
>but got the message that Netscape couldn't be found.  I can no longer find it on the
>CD, as I could on the CD of 2.2.6.

What is that you are not finding? Netscape? If so is on the packages.