Date:      Fri, 18 Jan 2019 22:15:01 +0100
From:      Adriaan de Groot <adridg@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   mea + llvm60 (and devel/qt5-qdoc)

--nextPart5170145.8gLySxXtyI

On Friday, 18 January 2019 13:01:37 CET freebsd-ports-request@freebsd.org
wrote:
> Since mesa uses llvm libraries (not just toolchain to build) this can
> not be made in to a build time only dependency.
>
> There is some more information on this issue here:
> https://wiki.freebsd.org/WhyDoIHaveToBuildLLVMWhenIAlreadyHaveClangInstalled
>
> There is work in progress to move to llvm70, however, this only means
> that you need llvm70 installed alongside mesa-dri, instead of llvm60.

This is, right now, what is holding me back from changing llvm60 to llvm$
{LLVM_DEFAULT} in devel/qt5-qdoc -- for a *typical* setup building or using
Qt-related things, you're going to have mesa-dri installed as well. I don't
feel happy about pulling in llvm60 (for mesa) *and* llvm70 (for qdoc) just
because the latter needs a C++ parser.

[ade]