Date:      Wed, 02 Apr 1997 17:49:07 -0800
From:      Pedro Giffuni <pgiffuni@fps.biblos.unal.edu.co>
To:        Bill Fenner <fenner@parc.xerox.com>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: blas, eispack, linpack need new MASTER_SITES

Bill Fenner wrote:

> Pedro Giffuni <pgiffuni@fps.biblos.unal.edu.co> wrote:
>
> fftpack has netlib.bell-labs.com as its master site, which works for me.
> I guess bell labs took over netlib while no one was looking?

Yes, someone in AT&T just told me that...att-labs is part of Lucent now,
and different from AT&T.
> A couple of the blas source files changed, and our f77 can't handle building
> it any more.  Is someone going to step up to be the MAINTAINER, or should
> it get marked BROKEN?

I think f2c is the broken package :(. I heard there is an update. This
packages ALL need severe maintainance: The original porters downloaded
bazillions of .Z files while they could have downloaded a single .tar
file with the .Z files. (The netlib maintainer packs things in a weird
manner.
I don't have much time now, but if no one else looks into I'll try to
help (later).

--Pedro.