Date:      Sun, 11 Jan 1998 17:54:26 +0100
From:      Wolfram Schneider <wosch@cs.tu-berlin.de>
To:        John Fieber <jfieber@indiana.edu>
Cc:        doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: www/data index.html

On 1998-01-10 13:04:06 -0500, John Fieber wrote:
> So long as mirrors are only English, and non-English resources
> are not mirrored, having one server list works.  The introduction
> of universally mirrored translations (Japanese) necessitates
> making a distinction between mirrored non-English things an
> non-mirrored non-English things. It would be impractical to list
> English and Japanese versions of every site in the mirror list,
> never mind if German, Czech, and Portugese become universally
> mirrored in the future.

Translation is hard work and need much time. We have currently
5MB SGML documentation. If you must pay ~3USD/KB then you
need 15,000 USD for every translation.

I did a quick analyse for the german web pages. Before your change,
in average 18 users/day came from freebsd.org (http referer field).
After your change only 3 users/day. Thats more than 80% less ;-((

--
Wolfram Schneider   <wosch@freebsd.org>   http://www.freebsd.org/~wosch/