Date:      Sat, 03 Apr 1999 19:07:00 +0200
From:      Steffen Hein <hein@bnro.de>
To:        jim@corp.au.triax.com
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org, spinner.rflab@t-online.de
Subject:   Re: CTRL_ALT_DEL

Jim Mock wrote:

> On Thu, 01 Apr 1999 at 13:37:33 +0000, Steffen Hein wrote:
> > Hello friends,
> >
> > FreeBSD 3.0 SMP is installed on my dual board Pentium II (400 MHZ)
> > and the two processors work fine.
> >
> > Now, I'd like to get CTRL_ALT_DEL tu run shutdown -h instead of
> > reboot but I don't find a script, such as /etc/inittab/, where
> > CTRL_ALT_DEL is customized.
> > - Can you help me on ?
> >

> It'd be set in your keymap.  Take a look at
> http://www.freebsd.org/FAQ/FAQ136.html#136 .  There are instructions
> there to keep it from rebooting on ctrl-alt-del, and I'm sure what
> you want would be similiar.
>
> Hope this helps,

Thank you,
that's what I have tried to do, but the replacements proposed in that
result in deactivating cntr-alt-del, not in a system halt as wanted.
- What are the proper replacements in the keymap ? [ I feel there's some
lack
of documentation on these questions in the FreeBSD Handbook. ]

Steffen Hein <hein@bnro.de>