Date:      Fri, 4 Sep 2015 04:15:07 +0200
From:      Fredrik <starkbeats@gmail.com>
To:        Allan Jude <allanjude@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Setting up network from virtual machine

Allan, thank you. The ifconfig setting was set to msk0, I commented out =
this and added em0. Resolved this issue.

Fredrik

4 sep 2015 kl. 03.54 skrev Allan Jude:

> On 2015-09-03 21:35, Fredrik wrote:
>> Hello,
>>=20
>> This is I assume quite a basic issue. I'm trying to run FreeBSD 10.2 =
from a memory stick in a virtual machine. I have an issue with the =
network however. I first tried this in qemu and later tried in =
VirtualBox in the hopes that would work better. In VirtualBox I have set =
the network interface to bridge to my native interface, called en0 =
Ethernet.
>>=20
>> If I try ifconfig em0 I see that the interface is active but no IP =
address is assigned. I tried to add a default route in /etc/rc.conf set =
to: defaultrouter=3D"192.168.100.1" which is the IP of my router. I then =
rebooted the VM, but netstat -rn shows empty space under routing tables.