Date:      Thu, 7 Mar 2019 10:04:18 +0100
From:      Stefan Esser <se@freebsd.org>
To:        Matthew Seaman <matthew@FreeBSD.org>, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Django versions

--nQfpweypBitrLNkyqY0cU6RxNuEiayBa2
From: Stefan Esser <se@freebsd.org>
To: Matthew Seaman <matthew@FreeBSD.org>, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org

--egpbmjXXArsuab1TXfXnYQtIc38bCc0Oy

Am 07.03.19 um 09:02 schrieb Matthew Seaman:
> On 07/03/2019 07:22, Antoine Brodin wrote:
>> Please don't use the django metaport,  this port should be removed and=

>> people should stop using hacks.
>> Someone needs to integrate a USE_PYTHON=3Ddjango in python.mk
>=20
> Let me look at that.  I never did like leaving D12592 so unresolved.
>=20
> Although it would be good to have a more general solution to
> multiple-flavourization.

If anything in that direction is discussed, then please include
me in the thread (since I do read the list, but I'm not able to
follow it closely, currently).

I had asked about multi-flavour support nearly one-and-a-half year
ago and I was told that lack of support for more than one flavour
was by design and considered to be the correct concept.

There are quite a number of other weaknesses in the way flavours
are currently implemented (and it cost me a lot of effort to work
around them, when I took over maintainer-ship of portmaster to make
it support flavours).

I had given up trying top get this fixed, but it may be the right
time (given some experience with flavoured ports) to reconsider
some of the design and implementation choices made ...

Regards, STefan