Date:      Wed, 27 Aug 1997 23:18:38 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Simon Shapiro <Shimon@i-Connect.Net>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   sysinstall.fdisk display problem

Hi Y'all,

I did a ``make release'' on the 23rd of this month.  Another on
the 27th. Both built fine.

The 23rd panicked during installation.  Something strange.
Since the kernel of later that day did NOT panic, I decided to
build again, on the 27th.

This release installs fine (I am using ftp install in both cases).

The Problem:

The display for the fdisk functionality displays in a garbled
manner.  It appears as if most of the cursor motion commands are
missing, but not all.  If the text wants highlighted, (white on
blue), it appears almost correct.

The disklabel screen is better but still garbled.

Another, old Problem:

The disklabel screen, if you have more than few partitions, you
do not see some of the defined entries.  It behaves as if the
entries are there, but ``hiding undeneath'' instructions at the
bottom.  Very annoying for large, complex installations.  We have
at least 18 partitions in the standard install.  Typically more.

Thanx!  Simon