Date:      19 Jan 2002 02:19:26 +0100
From:      Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@ofug.org>
To:        Ryan Thompson <ryan@sasknow.com>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: XML category

Ryan Thompson <ryan@sasknow.com> writes:
> Dag-Erling Smorgrav wrote to ports@FreeBSD.ORG:
> > Does anybody else than me think we should have a separate category
> > for XML-related ports?
> Before I answer that... How would you define ``XML related port''?

XML DTDs and catalogs, and XML processing tools or libraries.  There
are about 60 or 70 such ports in textproc by my count, and an unkown
number spread around in devel and java, and possibly www.  Some of
those (like java/xalan) should move, while others (like www/p5-AxKit)
should just have "xml" tacked onto their CATEGORY.

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smorgrav - des@ofug.org