Date:      Tue, 20 Feb 2001 17:09:43 -0800 (PST)
From:      Thomas Cannon <tcannon@noops.org>
To:        "Geoffrey T. Falk" <gtf@cirp.org>
Cc:        security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IPv6 risk with ssh?

> I'd prefer to disable/block all IPv6 for now if possible. How can
> I be assured that this is the case? I am currently running ipfw with
> a default deny rule.

As I don't use ipv6 for anything, I like to take it out of my kernel, and
have been doing that by removing the "option INET6" from my kernel config,
and removing the ipv6-specific devices, too. Seems to work, but again, may
not be the best possible way of doing it.

Cheers,

Thomas

Richard Feynman was a hacker; read any of his books.
			-Bruce Schneier