Date:      Wed, 6 Jun 2001 10:17:31 -0500
From:      Mark Nipper <nipsy@tamu.edu>
To:        David O'Brien -Alpha <freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: how does the 4.3 ISO work for you?

On Wed, Jun 06, 2001 at 07:53:24AM -0700, David O'Brien -Alpha wrote:
> BSDi^H^H^H^HWind River is about to send the 4.3 ISO master off for
> duplication.  But there hasn't been much feedback on any problems
> installing it on various Alphas.  If you can give a quick email to
> freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org saying thumbs up or thumbs down, it would be
> helpful.

	It would be nice to see another image made which at the
very least included the new-kern.flp to boot the AS1200's and
similar platforms.  I'm not saying that any commits need to
occur, due to the relatively untested nature of the changes, but
it worked for me and at least one other person I've seen on this
list to get our machines up!

	It would be nice not to commit a major oversite in not
supporting people at all who happen to have this type of
hardware!  :)

	Just my two sense [sic] though...

--=20
Mark Nipper                                                e-contacts:
Computing and Information Services                      nipsy@tamu.edu
Texas A&M University                    http://arrakis.tamu.edu/nipsy/
College Station, TX 77843-3142            AIM: texasnipsy ICQ:66971617
(979)575-3193                                        Yahoo: texasnipsy