Date:      Fri, 12 Oct 2007 08:42:45 +0200
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        Andreas Davour <ante@Update.UU.SE>
Cc:        Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>, freebsd-usb@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How do I use my USB headset?

Quoting Andreas Davour <ante@Update.UU.SE> (from Thu, 11 Oct 2007 =20
20:24:44 +0200 (CEST)):

> On Wed, 10 Oct 2007, Julian Elischer wrote:
>
>> Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> If you are not using FreeBSD-7 current, something like the  =20
>>> following might do the trick:
>>>
>>> rm /dev/dsp0
>>> ln -s /dev/dsp1 /dev/dsp0
>>>
>>> Although that means you will loose access to /dev/dsp0 .
>>
>> back when I used skype on BSD it was a linux binary,
>> which means it was looking in /compat/linux/dev
>>
>> you need to have the correct symlinks in there..

No.

> I didn't think that the fact it was a linux binary could cause michief,
> but of course that's a prime suspect for troubles. Strangely enough I
> didn't even have a /dev folder under /compat/linux !

This is intended. If the linux emulation can not find /compat/linux/X, =20
it searches for /X. As there's no /compat/linux/dev/, it goes to /dev/ =20
directly.

Bye,
Alexander.

--=20
I am just a nice, clean-cut Mongolian boy.
=09=09-- Yul Brynner, 1956

http://www.Leidinger.net    Alexander @ Leidinger.net: PGP ID =3D B0063FE7
http://www.FreeBSD.org       netchild @ FreeBSD.org  : PGP ID =3D 72077137