Date:      Sun, 4 Apr 1999 00:44:56 +0800
From:      "Ho Seng Yip" <hsengyip@mbox3.singnet.com.sg>
To:        "FreeBSD Questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Ports and Interupts Conflict

Hi,

I am trying to install FreeBSD 3.1 on a machine with a 3Com 3C509B Ethernet
card. It's going to take up the whole slice of the hard disk and there will
be no other operating system on it.

When I boot up from the Cd-Rom and proceed into UserConfig to remove those
conflicting network adapters as well as SCSI controllers as I am not using
any, the network card / interface can be configured fine with no issues
(even the appropriate LED on the hub lights up).

However, upon restarting the computer after installation, FreeBSD tells me
that the existing installed Ethernet card is conflicting with the other
types of Ethernet card which I have distinctly removed during the
installation under UserConfig. The startup process hangs after that.

Does anyone knows how to solve the above problem ? Is there anyway I can
remove those conflicting devices even after installation ?

Thanks.

Regards,
Seng Yip