Date:      Sat, 30 Aug 2008 02:59:04 +0300
From:      Manolis Kiagias <sonic2000gr@gmail.com>
To:        Warren Liddell <shinjii@maydias.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: K3b dosent detect either of my burners

Warren Liddell wrote:
> On Saturday 30 August 2008 01:46:04 Oliver Peter wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 09:58:39PM +1000, Warren Liddell wrote:
>>
>>> I have gone through the info from various sites, handbooks, email
>>> archives and yet still k3b doesnt detect neither 1 of my 2 SATA Burners
>>> .. i use FreeBSD 7.0-STABLE KDE4 AMD64. below r the 2 burners as they
>>> appear in dmesg.
>>>
>>> acd0: DVDR <TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S203D/SB00> at ata2-master SATA150
>>> acd1: DVDR <ATAPI DVD A DH20A3S/9P56> at ata3-master SATA150
>>>
>> Can you try to load the 'atapicam' module?
>>

> Yeah i have it loaded :)

When the atapicam module is loaded, it treats ATAPI CDs like SCSI ones,
so you should get names like cd0 and cd1. Can you perform an ls /dev/cd*
and see if these devices exist? I haven't used a SATA recorder in my
machine yet, but since the ata driver attaches to them, I see no reason
they should not work with atapicam. Have you tried burning from the
command line? And have you followed all the post-install instructions in
k3b? (try make showinfo in the port's directory).