Date:      Sun, 23 Dec 2001 19:36:27 -0500
From:      darklogik@pittgoth.com
To:        hiten Pandya <hitmaster2k@yahoo.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD-doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FAQ on Linux to FreeBSD

Hiten,

	Please also note, if not already, the astounding difference
between our sysv init to Linux.  Linux has an rc.d directory which
contains files and folders for different "modes" and FreeBSD does
not have an rc.d directory.  Taking this topic a bit deeper, I really
like (as a previous linux user) the FreeBSD rc system, the rc.local
is alot easier to work with and on and on...  To be totally honest, I
think FreeBSD IS easier to use than linux (I know someone may
hit me for that) but its my opinion though...

Tom (darklogik) Rhodes
http://www.Pittgoth.com The Dark Portal Project
http://www.FreeBSD.org The Power To Serve