Date:      Fri, 11 Mar 2011 19:37:59 +0800
From:      Martin Wilke <miwi@FreeBSD.org>
To:        x11@freebsd.org
Cc:        FreeBSD Ports <ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   [ECFT] drm/dri/mesa/xorg-server update [Part 1]

Hi,

First of all, note that *this is very experimental, so you really have to
know what
you=E2=80=99re doing.* We managed to get drm/dri with the newer xorg-server=
 to work,
and we have removed the support for WITHOUT_NOUVEAU.

We have just updated the xorg-dev repo:

=E2=80=93 libdrm -> 2.4.24
=E2=80=93 libGL to 7.10.1
=E2=80=93 libGLU to 7.10.1
=E2=80=93 libGLUw to 7.10.1
=E2=80=93 libglut to 7.10.1
=E2=80=93 xproto to 7.0.17
=E2=80=93 libXaw to 1.0.9
=E2=80=93 libXt to 1.1.0
=E2=80=93 libX11 to 1.4.1
=E2=80=93 xorg-server to 1.9.4

After installing these, you will have to rebuild the following ports:

=E2=80=93 your graphic driver
=E2=80=93 keybord driver
=E2=80=93 mouse/synaptics driver

Upon rebuilt, restart them.
So to get the xorg stuff you will need to:
run

svn co https://trillian.chruetertee.ch/svn/ports/branches/xorg-dev

A small merge script to merge the svn checkout into the real portstree can
be found here:

http://people.freebsd.org/~miwi/xorg/xorgmerge

The script is a modified version of the kdemerge script. Please set the
KDEDIR
variable to the path of your X.org ports.

After merging, run one of the following command, depending on which tool yo=
use
to manage your installed packages.

portupgrade -af \*
portmaster -af

Please report any problems and issues to x11 (at) FreeBSD.org.

*Again, please be aware that this is very experimental*, and
I personally haven=E2=80=99t tested any 3D things yet, but we want
to share our work and start testing to get early feedback
for improvements. We plan to update Xorg fully to 7.6 after
we get some feedback for update part 1. It will be much easier
for us to figure out what the problems are with the updates
being separated in 3 parts. Please make sure you know what
you=E2=80=99re doing.

Thanks to Piter (gahr@) for helping me to get it compiled with our
base gcc version.

- Martin

PS: ECFT -> Experimental Call for Testing [image: :P]